I bought a refrigerator and stove in May 2015. The project stopped and only last week did I remove the cardboard box from the refrigerator. What I found was a totally banged up side. I have not called the company yet...but reading these reviews, I hope I can write again with a entirely different story. :)

These pictures are a little dark, but there are marks from top to bottom, of different depths, some major, and others less.

I'll explain the delay in opening the packaging a bit more, so that you don't think I made this up or that the refrigerator/freezer was in any place where it would have gotten hurt. The package was placed in my garage upon receipt. There were no stairs, no additional moving. I now have decided to keep it there, as the project in my basement has been placed on hold indefinitely.

I hope to call tomorrow and get this all straighten out. Wish me luck.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $449. This person is overall dissatisfied with Living Direct and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Living Direct.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Appliances and Electronics category for more informed decision or compare Living Direct to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Living Direct?

Comments

I hope you had some luck back in October.My saga with Edgestar/Living Direct began with my initial purchase of a combo washer-dryer in April 2014.

The saga continues. I withstood two "service" calls from their "local" subcontractor, after literally hours on the phone with Edgestar's customer service number which was, it turned out, manned by TWO people. The local subcontractor, A&E, turns out to be not local at all but, like Edgestar, Living Direct, and New Leaf-- their "independent" warranty company--based right there in the neighborhood in Texas. I located and emailed the CEO at Living Direct.

Many phone calls and emails later, they agreed to replace the unit. The new unit has been here for a little over a month. It has the same problems that the first one developed. I honestly haven't even called them yet because I just at the moment don't have the energy for the fight that's coming.

I believe these people are criminals. After my battle with them, a BuzzMedia thread of customer complaints that had been online for two years vanished without a trace, and their Facebook page has been scrubbed clean with no longer any option for customer comments or questions. So. I'm typing this in the hope that this one site I bookmarked months ago won't go the way of BuzzMedia.

And, to repeat, I hope your luck was better than mine.In the meantime, I can only say to any potential customers, DON'T.